We celebrated the graduation of our 2017 Graduate Nurses on 19 March 2018.
The aim of the Graduate Nurse Program and the Graduate Midwifery Program is to provide the graduate with a supported year in a dynamic health service to facilitate the transition from tertiary student to a confident and competent Registered Nurse.
Colac Area Health provide:
- Trained preceptors are available to provide support in the clinical environment
- Educators to provide clinical support, facilitate adaptation to your new role and meet your education needs with regular on-site education opportunities
- Weekly education sessions that are specific to the needs of the graduate nurse
- Two set study days on-site covering relevant topics
- Professional development through external education is also encouraged
- An online learning environment
In 2017 six graduates completed a 52 week program providing unique challenges for them with 3 rotations through the following areas:
- Acute Ward
- Urgent Care Centre
- Community Nursing
- Peri-Operative Services
- Residential Aged Care
- Elective Week
Graduate Nurses for 2017 were:
- Sara Roche
- Kristen Pietsch
- Leanne Howard
- Maddy Mahoney
- Gayle McNabb
- Kelly Backhouse
Graduate Midwife for 2017 was Susan Langridge.